The Prodigal Son
Rating: PG13 (Consumer advice: Some coarse language)
Duration: 100 min
Language: Cantonese with English subtitles
Widely regarded as the one of the best Kungfu films ever made, The Prodigal Son is a 1981 Hong Kong martial arts comedy film starring two of Hong Kong cinema's greatest action luminaries: Yuen Biao and Sammo Hung.
The film tells the story of Leung Chang (Yuen Biao), the son of wealthy man who is half-heartedly studying Kungfu. Leung Chang's lack of expertise forces his father to pay people to lose to him in fights. After he discovers that his father has been deceiving him, he becomes inspired to study martial arts more seriously and attempts to convince a real Kungfu expert to take him on as a student.
The Prodigal Son was nominated for two Hong Kong Film Awards and won the award for Best Action Choreography.
And seriously, when was the last time you watched a good action comedy under the pale moonlight while sipping a cold brew?
This promises to be a bunch of fun, so don't miss it!
PS: We are 100% independent and fully self-funded. If you like what we are doing, please select your donation type on the right to help us keep going! All donations will go towards funding the next film screening. Thank you and we love you.
TERMS & CONDITIONS (VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!)
1) As this is an outdoor screening, we will be at the mercy of Mother Nature on that night. If it rains before the screening, the event will be cancelled and we will give a full refund to all ticket holders. If it rains after the movie has commenced, we will cancel the screening and there will be no refunds.
2) Please arrive 30mins before screening time to register and collect your wrist tags.
3) The event organisers reserve the right, at all times and its sole discretion, to refuse entry or remove any person from the venue.
4) Online ticket sales will stop on 05 October 2018, Friday at 10am. Walk-in customers are welcomed to contact us to check ticket availability before dropping by.
5) All ticket holders are entitled to a pack of potato chips and 10% discount on their bill spend for the night.
6) Seats are issued on a first-come, first-served basis (free seating).